Jennifer M. Anderson is the Director of Music at Central Presbyterian Church in St. Paul, Minnesota, and the Founding Artistic Director of VocalPoint, an 80-voice auditioned choir that uses the power of people, art, and collaboration to tell the stories of organizations doing life-changing work. VocalPoint shines a spotlight on important social-justice issues such as youth homelessness, the immigrant experience, and sex trafficking; giving 100% of performance-driven donations to a worthy cause that will make a dramatic impact in everyday lives. To date, VocalPoint has raised over $186,000 for 7 non-profits, and has worked with such gifted musicians as Maria Jette, Jearlyn Steele, Copper Street Brass Quintet, Peter Mayer, and Grammy-winning Sounds of Blackness. Jennifer has accepted a Special Recognition Award from The Advocates for Human Rights on behalf of VocalPoint.
In the larger musical community, she served on the board of the Twin Cities American Guild of Organists, and remains a member of the Program Committee. A contributor to the PC(USA)’s Mission Yearbook, Jennifer also co-chaired the Daily Worship Committee for the National PC(USA) convention held in Minneapolis. In 2018, she was on a panel at Chorus America speaking about the national Justice Choir movement, and co-directed the Synod School Choir at Buena Vista University. Dedicated to building community through music and to use it as a powerful medium for social change, she has led sing-a-longs in venues as diverse as the front-steps of an inner-city church to her living room.
Stephen Swanson, accompanist, obtained his Master’s degree in Collaborative Piano at the University of Minnesota, where he studied with Timothy Lovelace and Noriko Kawai. He received a Bachelor of Arts degree from Concordia College in Moorhead, MN, where he studied piano with Jay Hershberger. He also holds a Master’s degree in Library and Information Studies from the University of Wisconsin. From 2006 to 2008, Stephen held the positions of choral accompanist and private voice/piano instructor at Prior Lake High School. He has accompanied the MN All-State Men’s Choir as well as numerous festival choirs. He currently teaches private piano lessons at Mt. Olivet School of Music in Minneapolis and is a free lance musician around the metro.
- Jennifer Anderson, Artistic Director and Conductor
- Emily Davidson, Beneficiary Coordinator
- Jess Garner, Advertising/Media Coordinator
- Lucy Hiestand, Choir Manager
- Erin Jude, Grants/Development
- Natalie Kinsky, Volunteer Coordinator
- Jenny Goodfriend, Hospitality
- Ellen B. Rest, M.D., President
- Physician, HealthPartners (retired)
- Craig Muntifering, Vice President
- Finance Manager, University of Minnesota
- Jym Hubbell, Treasurer
- Actuary, Securian (retired)
- Susan Rostkoski, Secretary
- Director of Donor Relations, Neighborhood House (retired)
- Principal Consultant, Strategic Consulting and Coaching
- Dave Colby, Member
- Pastor, Central Presbyterian Church
- Alexandra Bertz, Member
- Controller, Roof Tech, Inc.