Auditions for next season will be held in the fall of 2017.
Check back here and follow VocalPoint on Facebook for details.
Skills we are looking for in our singers:
- Ability to match pitch and blend
- Ability to follow directions
- Ability to sing with musicality
- Attitude of collaboration, productivity, and helpfulness
- We also ask your current/past experience in a choir — we take that into consideration as well (such as singing in a college-level choir, or in an auditioned community choir)
Sometimes singers find it helpful to know the kinds of music that we sing. Note the music is fairly challenging and often involves languages other than English. As examples, in the past we have sung:
- Hope Faith Life Love – Eric Whitacre
- Diu Diu Deng and Mountain Song and Dancing Tune – Chen Yi
- Every Life Shall Be A Song – Gwyneth Walker
- Wawaki – Gerardo Guevara
- Still I Rise – Rosephanye Powell
- On My Dreams – Jocelyn Hagen
A few helpful hints for a great audition:
- Be prepared! VocalPoint rehearsals move quickly — we look for singers who are ready for each rehearsal
- Mistakes happen! That’s OK; take instruction quickly and easily, as that’s a trait we look for in our singers. Mistakes won’t ruin your audition, but a bad attitude or not improving might
- We aren’t looking for solo voices; we are more interested in people who can learn quickly, blend well, and offer good musicality to our choir
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.