2017-2018 season, supporting Twin Cities R!SE!
- October 28: 10 a.m. – Noon (10-minute time slots)
- October 29: Noon – 2:00 p.m. (10-minute time slots)
- November 14: 7:30 – 9:00 p.m. (10-minute time slots)
See Auditions for details.
November 11: Special fundraiser (more details soon!)
November 12, 19, and 26 – Book group and lunch
VocalPoint and Central Presbyterian Church are hosting a book group. Bring a bag lunch to Central (lunch provided on November 19) and participate in a conversation around The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness.
- All adults are welcome – VP members, friends, community – and you can join us for one, two, or all three of the gatherings
- Led by Jennifer Anderson and guests
January 7, 14, 21, 28, and Feb. 4: VocalPoint rehearsals from 1 – 4 p.m.
January 25: Movie
13th is a 2016 American documentary by director Ava DuVernay. The film explores the “intersection of race, justice and mass incarceration in the United States;” it is titled after the Thirteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution, which freed the slaves and prohibited slavery (unless as punishment for a crime).
- All adults are welcome – VP members, friends, community
February 8: Dress rehearsal at 7:00 pm
Concerts, featuring Sounds of Blackness: Saturday, Feb. 10 at 4 p.m. and Sunday, Feb. 11 at 4 p.m.